Just a quick note about some recent news regarding current and upcoming publications. More information will be provided as I get it.
- The Catalog of Crooked Thoughts, named a Finalist in the 2018 Eric Hoffer Awards.
- Rob’s Story collection, I’ll Be Here for You, Finalist in 2018 Tartt First Fiction Award, Livingston Press
- Coming winter/spring 2018 is a new story entitled “Invisible Weaving” that will appear in the journal BoomerLit.
- “Red Box, Red Box,” Kindred, a literary journal.
A story featuring Teddy Bachelor, Jr., Ted and Audrey’s elder son. We met Teddy first in the novel, Shutdown, which takes place in 1983. This story is contemporary; Teddy is in his mid-forties and struggling to make ends meet in Ganaego.
- “A Wilderness of Monkeys,” Adelaide Magazine.
A story of Peter Sanguedolce, a prematurely retired businessman who has lost his father’s company to bankruptcy and on this particular Saturday may well lose joint custody rights of his daughter. This story is the first chapter of an unpublished novel of the same title. The novel is a very loose, contemporary spin on Shakespeare’s A Merchant of Venice. Adelaide also contains an interview with me.
- The Catalog of Crooked Thoughts, First Prize Winner, Longleaf Press Prize Novel Contest, published November, 2016
- “However Innocently, However Unwittingly,” The Flexible Persona
A story of Maddy Schoolcraft who is witness to — and feels herself partially responsible for — a frightening automobile accident. This story is the lead piece in an unpublished story collection, Autumn Pavane, Twelve Lives.
- “Semitone Summer,” story, published in 34th Parallel, Issue 35
- “The House on Pienza Road,” Border Crossing, Volume 6, published September 2016 (nominated for a Pushcart Prize)
Have you read all the publishing news? Return to Rob’s home page to continue your journey.